What's new
Free Chat Forum / Message Board

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please consider using your 321Chat chat room username, especially to gain VIP here.

Important! You will need to validate your email address to register and recover your password if you've forgotten it. Staff cannot assit with password recovery in any way. Please allow a short time for your email to arrive if it doesn't arrive immediately. Check spam folder.

First time grandma so I’m told

Dyan

I became a grandma on July 12,22 to identical twin boys, my son had told me nobody could go to the hospital due to Covid. Only to find out that my daughter in law’s parents were at the hospital for the birth and have been there ever since. About a week after they were born I had told my son that me and he’s sister would be going to see the babies, he told me that they weren’t having anyone to see the babies for at least 3-4 weeks. I asked him why do the other grandparents allowed to and we’re not? He said her parents quarantined for a week prior to their birth, I was so hurt!!! I told him I didn’t know how he thought that this was right or fair! I said it’s wrong!!! I hung up on him. I haven’t spoken to him since, I just wanted to know what someone else thinks about this

Let me offer my congratulations to you. I understand how hurt you must be. But please try to realize that possibly the mother had her mother and father to quarantine, without thinking of anyones feelings beyond her mother and dad. It's sometimes easier as a new mother to only think of her own without even meaning to hurt anyone and perhaps her doctor suggested it also to have only one or two persons rather then several because of covid.
Try to get past the hurt you surely feel and look forward to when you can safely be with those darling twins. Remember there are years ahead for you to enjoy those babies and covid isn't their fault.

Let me offer my congratulations to you. I understand how hurt you must be. But please try to realize that possibly the mother had her mother and father to quarantine, without thinking of anyones feelings beyond her mother and dad. It's sometimes easier as a new mother to only think of her own without even meaning to hurt anyone and perhaps her doctor suggested it also to have only one or two persons rather then several because of covid.
Try to get past the hurt you surely feel and look forward to when you can safely be with those darling twins. Remember there are years ahead for you to enjoy those babies and covid isn't their fault.
Thank you, but I’ve learned that her parents didn’t quarantine and her grandparents and brother have been able to visit and see the twins. I don’t understand why??? Me and my son have always had a good relationship.

Only one suggestion. You need to have a peaceful adult conversation with your son and possibly his wife, to determine what the real issue is and then work toward fixing it the best way you can.

possibly his wife meant if she is able to be in a conversation being a mom with twins. Or if you yourself feel the need to have an adult conversation with both of them.

End of conversation on this subject.

possibly his wife meant if she is able to be in a conversation being a mom with twins. Or if you yourself feel the need to have an adult conversation with both of them.

End of conversation on this subject.
Thank you for your suggestions I appreciate it