What's new
Free Chat Forum / Message Board

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please consider using your 321Chat chat room username, especially to gain VIP here.

Important! You will need to validate your email address to register and recover your password if you've forgotten it. Staff cannot assit with password recovery in any way. Please allow a short time for your email to arrive if it doesn't arrive immediately. Check spam folder.

Am I The Asshole?

Trench-

Brendon
VIP Member
So, I am now a single man, who's 16-18. And I'm aware that's young, and I still have a life ahead of me, but I'm looking for advice besides to wait around.
Recently, my now ex girlfriend and I broke up. When me and her were dating, she promised me that she wouldn't take to her mentally abuse (and frankly draining) ex lover that sabotaged and ruined my relationship with her numerous times.

I had to find out, from the ex lover themself after sending him a paragraph about how my ex doesn't wanna talk to her and about how she wants nothing to do with them, that she and them have been CONTACTING behind my back recently. After SHE PROMISED ME they wouldn't be coming back into her life.
I confronted her about it, and she confirmed it. And then she also said she wouldn't cut him off, because they're "friends"

Am I the asshole for breaking up with someone, who "loved me" after I felt incredibly betrayed? Am I valid for feeling angered, or annoyed?

NTA
Your feelings are valid as they breached your trust
It doesn't neccicarally matter with what they break your trust with its the fact that they broke it
And someone who did that once would most likely do it again.

No, you're not the asshole. Something like this & feeling betrayed go hand-in-hand. You're completely valid and I understand how you'd feel confused over your decision. Now, I'm not saying that escaping from abuse isn't incredibly hard - an abuser won't change, no matter the promises or lies they make, and it's almost like sugar water. I'm sorry about your situation, seeing someone revert to old habits is hard. I do feel where you're coming from.

No, you're not the asshole. Something like this & feeling betrayed go hand-in-hand. You're completely valid and I understand how you'd feel confused over your decision. Now, I'm not saying that escaping from abuse isn't incredibly hard - an abuser won't change, no matter the promises or lies they make, and it's almost like sugar water. I'm sorry about your situation, seeing someone revert to old habits is hard. I do feel where you're coming from.
NTA
Your feelings are valid as they breached your trust
It doesn't neccicarally matter with what they break your trust with its the fact that they broke it
And someone who did that once would most likely do it again.
I appreciate the validation from you both, you're rather kind.

I'd snap them out of existence lol
Avengers Infinity War GIF