What's new
Free Chat Forum / Message Board

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please consider using your 321Chat chat room username, especially to gain VIP here.

Important! You will need to validate your email address to register and recover your password if you've forgotten it. Staff cannot assit with password recovery in any way. Please allow a short time for your email to arrive if it doesn't arrive immediately. Check spam folder.

Mental health day

No, it raises awareness of those that suffer from mental illness which is a large portion of the population, at one point or another. There are a lot of issues that come under the umbrella of Mental Illness, Grief for example, or poor sleeping patterns.

There is a big umbrella that covers mental health, which includes but is not restricted to those that have a chemical imbalance, and not all mental illness is controlled with medication. Lifestyle choices play a big role in mental health

Well, "illness" is a different term from "disorder".

Illness could be a lot of things, where 'disorder' is very serious.

Well, "illness" is a different term from "disorder".

Illness could be a lot of things, where 'disorder' is very serious.
This is true, but with little to distinguish between illness and disorder, they prefer to use an umbrella term like Mental Health as it can become confusing when confusion is not needed.

Yes, Mental Health is all encompassing.

Illness could be anything from major depressive disorder to generalized anxiety disorder, to insomnia... you get the point. And then you have the super serious disoders like Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia, and such. And psychopathy disorder.

It goes from there!

I think after having suffered anxiety and insomnia and having a breakdown 7 years ago and having suicidal thoughts for the second time in my life would also show that anxiety and insomnia are also serious disorders/illnesses.

That,s what I meant by little to distinguish between serious and not serious.

There is also the impact that ones mental health has on the people around them.

i am sorry.

i have had suicidal thoughts. call 9-1-1 if you need to. be safe. God bless.
Appreciate it. Since acknowledging I have a problem I have been able to manage my mental Health and I can recognise when I am spiralling. I have a great medical team around me and some great friends who also recognise when things are not right and they all ground me. I got lucky, others are not so lucky.

yeah but family is always good... trust. even if they are toxic.

family sucks when you're young, but becomes important when you grow old.... even if you have to leave them behind. they will always be in your heart. also, your friends can become your family, which is what eventually happens......

yeah but family is always good... trust. even if they are toxic.

family sucks when you're young, but becomes important when you grow old.... even if you have to leave them behind. they will always be in your heart. also, your friends can become your family, which is what eventually happens......
There is family I won't even touch with a barge pole.

Family is great, but when it comes to toxicity, like toxic friends, you need to move on.