What's new
Free Chat Forum / Message Board

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please consider using your 321Chat chat room username, especially to gain VIP here.

Important! You will need to validate your email address to register and recover your password if you've forgotten it. Staff cannot assit with password recovery in any way. Please allow a short time for your email to arrive if it doesn't arrive immediately. Check spam folder.

Can a straight person become gay over time?

You don't turn gay overnight (obviously) but you can realize with time that you are attracted to another (or multiple) genders, I was straight before realizing I was bisexual myself, and my good friend dated women before realizing he was gay. I don't know many gay people who realized they're straight, more so bisexual, pansexual, etc.
So realizing that you've BECAME gay. Correct?

Can a straight person become gay over time, and vice versa? How?
The amygdala in our temporal lobes controls how we process sexual emotions. Any form of stress will trigger the amygdala's response process. Our sex hormones are released from the hypothalamus through our hypothalamic pituitary gonadal axis (HPG). The hypothalamus controls all our sexual functions: reproductive organs, adrenal glands, etc. Under stress, the amygdala will send distress signals to the hypothalamus through the autonomic nerves, which may change our sexual response process.

Can a straight person become gay over time, and vice versa? How?
Simply speaking, stress has a large influence on how we emotionally process our sexual orientation. i.e. a heterosexual male may go to prison and leave as a homosexual male after the traumatic events he experienced there.

The amygdala in our temporal lobes controls how we process sexual emotions. Any form of stress will trigger the amygdala's response process. Our sex hormones are released from the hypothalamus through our hypothalamic pituitary gonadal axis (HPG). The hypothalamus controls all our sexual functions: reproductive organs, adrenal glands, etc. Under stress, the amygdala will send distress signals to the hypothalamus through the autonomic nerves, which may change our sexual response process.
Reminds me of prisons and "dropping the soap"...

@Trench- You have to become homosexual before you realise you're homosexual.

Go Ahead Yes GIF